Monday, November 06, 2006

Minnie Pearl - True Story


Minnie Pearl told me this funny little story several years ago (February, 1985) the first time I met her in Nashville, Tennessee on Music Row.

She was walking down the street one Sunday morning in Grinder's Switch. As she walked by the little local church, the pastor was greeting everyone with a handshake. In her southern hillbilly accent, she asked, "Is mass out?" He replied, "No, but your hat's on a little crooked."

Then she run her fingers through my beard and said she didn't mind walking through the forest to get to the picnic. Of course, she made my day.

JMc.

1 Comments:

Blogger JB said...

I bet that was a neat experience. I always liked Minnie Pearl. She was a neat lady. JB

Monday, November 06, 2006 11:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home